Monday, July 25, 2011

Homebrew experiments.

As my previous post may imply, I've been playing around with homebrewing beer and with controlling the various processes involved in this. From now on, I plan to post my various prototypes, ideas, plans, and findings here. At the moment my list of things to integrate into my system includes:

-Improved thermostatic control, possibly using a PID system
-Immersion heater for direct heating of the brew, this also saves space
-Electronic hydrometer to tell me the specific gravity of the brew, the alcohol content, and when it is time to bottle
-A convenient, inexpensive, and space efficient method of thermally insulating the brewing vat.

I guess while I'm at it I'll also post the results and recipes of my more experimental brewing attempts.

No comments:

Post a Comment