Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Two recent acquisitions

In the past week I have obtained two quite interesting things. The first, bought from a shop on Geelong St., Fyshwick, is a fan made by General Electric from before 1950, although I couldn't find exactly when. It set me back $20, but I think it's fantastic. I intend to make it work again and set it up in the workshop for the disgusting Canberra summers that we get.

The other is a small 'corporate's' PC that I found on the side of the road. It's an HP Vectra, released in 2000, with a fast-remove, ultra-ata hard drive and DVD reader. Instead of having an internal power supply, it requires a plug pack at 19 V DC, 6.13A. I don't have a power supply to suit, so I'll obtain one and test this little machine, and, if it works, it will become a jukebox in the workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment